These supervision groups are designed to be relaxed and welcoming spaces that encourage the sharing of knowledge. They are limited to a dozen or so participants. Discussions focus on different clinical aspects and expose participants to multiple situations encountered in their practice as well as to various clinical approaches. Participants are also kept informed of developments in this rapidly evolving field.
Cost: $640 / 10 Meetings
Community Associations and Organizations: Individuals (or teams) who work in organizations that provide peer support services to trans, nonbinary, gender diverse people may be eligible for a reduced fee. If you think you or your team would benefit from this type of discount, please contact us to discuss the available options.
Group C (2024)
Mondays – 11:30am – 1:00pm (Montreal time zone)
Group A (2024) French group
Monday – 12:00 to 1:30 pm (Montreal local time)
Format and themes
Each session consists of 10 meetings, lasting 90 minutes each, held via videoconference or teleconference. Groups are limited to 12-14 participants.
Deepening our knowledge and improving our interventions in order to provide quality services to our trans, nonbinary and gender diverse clients through a trans-affirmative approach.
Discussion of cases and questions regarding gender affirmation processes. Discussion of topics such as:
- Impacts of minority stress on the transition process
- The couple in transition
- The family in transition
- Developmental stages during and beyond transition
- Managing mental health issues
- Supporting through a change of course, detransition
- Assessment of gender dysphoria, gender incongruence
- Referral for puberty blockers
- Differential diagnoses
- Working with parents
- The social transition of trans, nonbinary and gender diverse adolescents at school.
- Working with youth protective care systems
- Raising awareness among various environments that accommodate young individuals
- Support for parents with a gender creative child.
- Issues and controversies surrounding the diagnosis of gender dysphoria in prepubescent children
- Working with schools